Blog Archive

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 3

Last night I went to see some bands play at a nearby pub called The Kings Arms Tavern.



It's a funny place because it is two bars in one; half is a sports bar and half is a hip bar with a stage. We went in the wrong end at first and watched some rugby on tv and some old men playing darts until we realized we were on the wrong side!

The best band was this sister duo called Evil Twins. They were so rad!!!




Today was International Orientation. I got to meet a number of interesting people including a girl named Vanessa from upstate NY who had never been on a plane before until today when she traveled to NZ, and an adventurous girl named Stephanie from Montreal.

I think that I have my classes about figured out. It looks like I will be doing a self guided masters like class where I will propose a semester long project and then have an instructor oversee my progress. I'm excited to work out the details! I will be meeting with the fashion program director before classes start on July 18th so I will know more then.

They have a facebook page specifically for international students and I won a t-shirt a few weeks ago through a contest on there so they presented it to me today. : )



We were given a talk by this amazing company called GOOT which stands for "Get Out Of Town"



I'm planning on doing a bunch of excursions with them. I'm already signed up to do a crazy adventure day to Auckland's West Coast next Thursday!

Now off to a pub with my flat mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment