Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

5 Days to go!

Most of the international students that I have gotten to know here are leaving either tomorrow or the next day. The goodbyes are starting! It's sad of course, but also exciting for everyone since most people are continuing on to travel more or returning to their respective countries.

I thought it would be a good idea to post a few more photos of my room and the rest of the flat before I start taking things down and getting all packed.

Here's the wall by my desk where I put up magazine clippings, tickets from events I attended, and postcards that people sent me from home. : )




The kitchen/dining room:


Living room:




The view from our 14th floor penthouse.





I felt that I had to go up the iconic Sky Tower before leaving, so my friend Teddy and I made reservations to have lunch in the revolving restaurant at the top of the tower.



Quite an impressive view up there:



















At the base of the tower they have a Weta Digital shop, filled with artifacts and merchandise from films like Lord of the Rings and Avatar.













Then my roommate Sirwa and I went to a really fun rock climbing place called clip and climb. You get to climb up all sorts of really fun walls with unique holds and they use the automatic belay system that was invented in New Zealand. It was a really fun time, and a great work out to boot!

Untitled from John Targett on Vimeo.























Then in the evening was the opening of the Art and Design exhibition at AUT.

Here is a picture of my table:



Unfortunately they took down about half of my stuff without telling me so I didn't feel like my area really made sense. My display was also very different than everyone else's since I am doing activewear and I was displayed in the textile design lab, so that was a bit odd as well. But overall I am happy with the work that I produced this semester, so I'm trying not to be too bummed that my exhibition was not up to my standards.

Tonight there will be a big farewell party with all of the international students! Looking forward to hanging out with everyone one last time, though it will be quite hard to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment