Blog Archive

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Done with classes!

Today was my last college class ever! (Unless I decide to go back and get a masters, but we shall see how that whole "getting a job" thing goes)
Technically I finished my degree online a few months back and my diploma has already arrived at my parents house in Sacramento, but I still wanted to do well in the extra classes that I have been doing here.

Today I turned in my final project for my digital textiles class. The project for this class was really exciting because we presented our designs to the local New Zealand textile company Charles Parsons. The company then chose a few designs from each of us that they are going to market to real companies, and if there is interest in the design it will be printed commercially and we will receive $400 NZD for the design!

Here is the project that I presented:
(The company chose the designs called Marbled Decadence and Stoney Disposition)

Paula Kidwell

Now all that I have left to complete is my activewear design project that I have been working on all semester. This is the project that I will be presenting to The North Face when I return home. I have been in contact with them since graduation and hopefully will be able to score an internship. (FINGERS CROSSED!) I am practically finished with the project, it is just a matter of finishing the final layout details, printing, and assembling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment